In Socialive, there are different account roles: guest, contributor, broadcaster, and administrator. Each role has access to different features and areas of the platform. Learn more about user roles here.
To create a user, you need to be an administrator in your Socialive account.
- In Socialive, open the Settings menu (a) and click Users (b). You will see a list of users created in your Socialive account.
- Click Add User at the top right.
- Enter the following information:
- Email - Enter the user's email address. This will be used when logging in to Socialive.
- Password - You can choose to set a password for the user or you can ask the user to set a password. Here's the difference:
Set Password- When this option is selected, you create a password for the user.
The password must be between 8 and 20 characters and contain a minimum of 1 number, 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 special character (@#$%^&*+=!), and cannot contain any spaces.
An email invitation will not be sent to the user, but you can share the credentials with the user separately. This is useful when creating user accounts for guests for a future broadcast; it eliminates issues such as:
- Guests are not able to find the email invitation to complete the account registration.
- Guests forget their user account credentials.
- Producers not wanting to send email invitations to guests before the broadcast is scheduled.
- Ask User to Set Password - When this option is selected, an email invitation will be sent with instructions for the user to set their own password and complete the account registration.
- Full Name - Enter the user's first and last name.
- Location - Enter the user's location. This is optional.
- Role - Select the user account role you want to assign to this user, either Admin, Broadcaster, Contributor, or Guest. For more information on user account roles, refer to the article Managing Socialive User Roles.
- Click Save at the top right.
- If you selected "Set Password" when creating the user account, the user will appear on the Users list.
- If you selected "Ask User to Set Password", the user account will not appear on the Users list until they set their password and complete the account registration. To help them with the account registration, you can share the instructions in the article Completing the Setup of Your Socialive Account.
- If the email of the user account is already registered to a Socialive user, they will be added to your account with their existing Name, Location, and Password. Once added, they can log in to Socialive as usual, and then select your account from the Settings menu.
Still looking for an answer?