Backgrounds can set the tone of your video when joining a session in the Green Room or when creating pre-recorded content in the Recording Booth. With Socialive, virtual backgrounds can be updated so you always look professional, presentable, and on brand. Guests and contributors can blur their backgrounds or upload a custom background. This support article includes the following topics:
- Specifications for Uploading a Background
- Suggested Device Specifications
- Additional Notes
- Setting a Virtual Background as a Producer
As a producer, if you are part of the recording session you will not be able to update the background in Studio. For these scenarios, we recommend using the Recording Booth if recording solo or when recording with others invite yourself as a guest in the Green Room to apply a virtual background to your feed.
- Guests can set up virtual backgrounds once they have entered the Socialive Lobby by clicking virtual background.
The same setting is available once a guest joins the Socialive Green Room or Recording Booth.
- Guests can apply no effect, minor blur, or major blur, upload a new background or select a previously uploaded background.
- To upload a background, click upload to add the background image.
- After selecting the background, click Apply Changes to save.
- Uploaded backgrounds can be deleted by hovering on the background and clicking the delete icon.
- To exit the Background Effects settings, click the virtual background. Backgrounds can be revisited or updated at any time during a live broadcast or recording session.
When applying a virtual background while actively recording locally, this action will end the recording and start a new recording with the virtual background.
Specifications for Uploading a Background
The following are supported file types for uploading a background.
Suggested Device Specifications
When using virtual backgrounds it’s recommended to use the latest version of Desktop Chrome and to have the following system specifications.
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4 cores or higher, 12xxxx
- Graphics: UHD 770 (or similar with discrete graphics card)
- 8G RAM or more
- 64-bit operating system
- Virtual backgrounds perform best when the Guest or Contributor is well lit
- When the “mirror my video” mode is turned on, the image will appear mirrored in the stream but the recording will appear correct (i.e. not flipped)
- How do virtual backgrounds work with the different recording feeds in the Green Room?
- Virtual backgrounds are applied to the broadcast composite feed
- Virtual backgrounds are applied to the browser ISO feed
- Virtual backgrounds are applied to the cloud ISO feed
- Virtual backgrounds are saved for the user once the background is uploaded. It will be available across all broadcasts for the user after that.
Setting a Virtual Background as a Producer
If you are part of the recording session as a producer, you cannot update the background in Studio. For these scenarios, we recommend using the Recording Booth if recording solo or when recording with others invite yourself as a guest in the Green Room to apply a virtual background to your feed.
Inviting yourself as a Producer to the Green Room
- Invite a guest
- Invite using your email address with a +1 (email@example.com)
- Go to your email and enter the Green Room
- Select your virtual background using the steps listed above