The Recording Booth simplifies the content creation process, by providing Contributors the flexibility of capturing self-guided high-quality recordings at any time. This eliminates the need to schedule a specific time and place to record content and allows the contributor to record as many takes as needed. Recording Booth provides options for recording the Contributor, their screen, or both simultaneously.
This guide has been designed to provide contributors with the steps and best practices for recording video using the desktop Recording Booth. If you do not have access to the Recording Booth and wish to get started, reach out to your Socialive contact today.
- Overview of the Recording Booth
- Recording Booth Functionality
- Recording Booth Settings
- Best Practices for a Successful Recording Session
Overview of the Recording Booth
- Camera settings
- Microphone settings
- Screen share
- Leave Recording Booth
- Virtual backgrounds
Recording Booth Functionality
The following provides details of the desktop Recording Booth functionality, in addition to reviewing this guide it’s suggested to review the following support documentation.
- Creating a Recording Booth Link for Contributors
- Creating Content in the Recording Booth
- Desktop Connection Best Practices
- On-camera Best Practices
Joining the Recording Booth
Contributors can create a Recording Booth session by logging into Socialive or they can access the Recording Booth with a personalized link shared with them by a Socialive Administrator or Broadcaster. Review Creating a Recording Booth Link for Contributors to learn more about personalized links.
Creating a Recording Booth Session
- In Socialive Portal, click the Create dropdown and select Recording Booth.
- Select the Channel the recording will be saved to and click Done. This will then open the Recording Booth.
Preparing to Capture Content
- Upon entering the Recording Booth for the first time, ensure that access to both a camera and microphone is granted.
- To start screen share recordings, click Share screen and select the item to include in the recording.
- To mute audio, click on the microphone icon.
Capturing Content in the Recording Booth
- The Record option allows the Contributor to decide if they will be sharing camera only, screen only, or camera and screen. To start a recording, click Record.
- Once a recording has started, a notification will appear in the upper right corner confirming the recording quality.
- To stop the recording, click Stop Recording. Note, the notification signifies the number of separate recordings captured. After a recording is ended, while in the Recording Booth, a recording pop-up will allow the recording to be renamed, uploaded, or deleted. Recordings are automatically uploaded when leaving the Recording Booth. Performing additional recordings while an upload is in progress may impact recording quality.
- To end the Recording Booth session, click end to leave and confirm. Confirmation of the uploads completed will display once all recordings have been added to the Recordings Library.
1. While in the Recording Booth, view all recordings by clicking the Record dropdown and selecting My Recordings.
2. Individual recordings are listed and can be:
- Uploaded immediately while the contributor is still in the Recording Booth.
- Note- This may affect stream quality.
- Recordings will automatically upload when leaving the Recording Booth.
3. Once the Recording Booth session has ended, the uploaded recordings can be viewed in the Recordings Library by the contributor who created the content or an Administrator/Broadcaster within the account.
Recording Booth Settings
1. To update video settings, select the camera icon. If additional cameras are available the device will be listed.
2. Select Video Settings to update the following settings:
- Camera used to capture content
- Max resolution
- Mirror video
- Show guides (Displays grid lines for centering or positioning)
You can add a virtual background in the Recording booth. For more information go to Virtual Backgrounds on Desktop in Socialive.
1. To update audio settings for both speakers and the microphone, select the microphone icon. If additional speaker and microphone options are available the device will be listed.
Select Audio Settings to update the following settings:
- Echo cancellation (Recommended when not wearing headphones)
- Noise Suppression (Removes background noise from your microphone)
Best Practices for a Successful Recording Session
- Audio: If not using headphones, lower the speaker volume to 50% max to prevent echo issues. If using headphones, have them join the Recording Booth with the headphones on to prevent de-synchronization issues.
- Where to look: Focus on the device camera.
- Make sure you are centered on-screen and your background is appropriate for the type of recorded content you are creating.
Still, looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a support ticket.