Instagram’s Live Producer functionality allows you to stream to Instagram live with Socialive using RTMP. With Socialive, you can easily elevate the quality of your Instagram content through drag-and-drop layouts, custom branding, attention-grabbing graphics, and audio and video overlays. This is especially useful for brands who want to capitalize on the authenticity of Instagram Live while keeping their content polished and professional-looking.
The settings below have been tested and are recommended by Instagram to optimize quality and experience for viewers on many devices and networks:
- Aspect Ratio – Full Portrait 9:16 (Learn how to change the aspect ratio in Socialive Studio)
- Resolution – 1280 x 720p at 30 FPS (Learn how to change the resolution of your broadcast in Socialive Studio)
Connecting Instagram to Socialive
- Open instagram.com and click the Add post button (plus symbol inside a square) and select Live from the drop-down menu.
- Within the Live Video pop-up, enter the title of your live video and select your audience. Selecting Practice will not broadcast to anyone, and selecting Public will broadcast to your followers as a normal live video would.
- In the next screen, you will see your unique RTMP URL and stream key. Copy and paste these into Socialive Studio.
- In Socialive Studio, follow the instructions in the article to add an RTMP connection in Socialive.
The Instagram stream key is NOT static and will refresh every time you use Live Producer, so you will need to update the stream key in Socialive accordingly.
Still looking for an answer?