On24's Broadcast Video option allows you to incorporate high-quality Socialive livestreams into your live webcasts. This article will go over the steps to:
- Create an On24 Webcast
- Connect Your On24 Webcast to Socialive via RTMP
- Preview Your Livestream
- Start Your On24 Webcast
To livestream to an On24 Webcast, you need to:
- Have the Broadcast Video option enabled on your On24 account.
- For more information, read On24's guide to Broadcast Video and contact your On24 Customer Success Manager.
- Be a Socialive administrator on your Socialive account.
Creating an On24 Webcast
- Go to On24 and click Create a Webcast.
- On the next page, create your Webcast. Make sure to select the Broadcast Video option from the Present Type drop-down.
- After you create your Webcast, you will see the Presenter Information at the bottom. Copy the Encoder A's URL and Stream ID.
Connecting Your On24 Webcast to Socialive via RTMP
In Socialive Studio, follow the steps to add an RTMP connection. Once it's created, continue with the next section.
Previewing Your Livestream
We recommend that you preview your livestream before the live Webcast to check that everything is working properly.
- In Socialive, set up your session with a start card at the beginning.
- Once you are ready, toggle on the On24 Webcast channel you created in the section above, and click Start.
- Click on the Preview link in On24 to open the preview event console.
Starting Your On24 Webcast
When it is time to start your On24 Webcast, follow these steps:
- In Socialive, we recommend that you start your livestream 1 hour before the audience lobby open time.
- In On24, click Start Live in PMXD when you're ready to start your Webcast.
- When you are ready to stop your Webcast, click Stop Live in PMXD.
Still, looking for an answer?