This article will go over the steps of creating a presentation in Qumu, adding the RTMP account in Socialive, and streaming live into Qumu.
To stream live to Qumu, you need to be:
- A user with permission to create a Presentation in Qumu.
- A Socialive administrator in your Socialive account.
- Log into your Qumu account.
- At the top-left corner, click Create Presentation.
- Select the template to use for your media. Usually, this would be Media Only.
- Click Content at the top of the page.
- Under Media Settings select Live from encoder.
- Change the Video Size to 1280 x 720.
- Copy the RTMP address and Stream name. You will need these to add the RTMP account in Socialive.
- In Socialive Studio, follow the steps to add an RTMP connection.
- We recommend that you set up your broadcast with a start card at the beginning. When you are ready, click Start in Socialive.
- In Qumu, go to Info & Settings and enter a title for your stream and any other relevant information.
- Click Create Event at the top-right corner. You will be redirected to the "Publishing Complete" page, where you can copy the URL for the live presentation and share it with your audience. Anyone who follows the link before the live presentation starts will be informed that the event has not yet started.
- Now that the presentation is published, you are ready to go live. Go to Manage Live Presentation and click Go Live. The live presentation will start and your viewers will see the live feed.
- When the presentation ends, click the Stop button in Qumu before ending the session in Socialive.
At this point, the contents of the live presentation will be saved, and the on-demand version can be created. You can amend slides, timings, and add pre and post-roll before publishing. Publish the presentation as you would with an on-demand presentation. The on-demand presentation will be viewable at the same URL that was used for the live presentation.
Still, looking for an answer?