Facebook live lets you live stream events, performances, and gatherings to your audience. You can go live on Facebook from a profile, Page, group, or event from Socialive.
In this article, we will go over the steps to schedule a Facebook Live Video Event and stream to your event from Socialive.
If you want to immediately go live on Facebook using Socialive, follow Facebook's Business Help Center article on how to go live with streaming software.
- You are an admin of the Facebook Profile or Page
- You are an admin in your Socialive account
Step 1: Create the Facebook Live Video Event
Go to Live Producer.
- Find Choose where to post, then choose Post to Page you manage and choose the Page you will be broadcasting to.
- Click Select on the Create live video event card.
- Add the Event name and Description, and choose the Start Date and Start Time of your event. You can also add an End Date and Time.
- Click Next.
- You can choose to update Event settings, Settings, and Distribution for your event. For more information on these settings, click here.
- Click Create Event.
- In the pop-up that appears, click Set up live video.
- Under Select a Video Source, click Streaming Software.
- Under Streaming Software Setup, click Advanced Settings and do the following:
- Optional: Under Advanced Settings, enable the option to Use a persistent stream key. This allows you to use the same stream key every time you go live. However, you can only broadcast one live video at a time with the persistent stream key.
- Copy the Stream Key. You will need to input this key when setting up the Facebook RTMP connection in Socialive in the next step.
- copy the Server URL. You will need to input this URL when setting up the Facebook RTMP connection in Socialive in the next step.
- Click Save Changes.
Step 2: Set Up the Socialive Broadcast
- In Socialive, create a new broadcast or open an existing broadcast.
- On the right-side panel, under "Where do you want to broadcast?", click on the Facebook icon.
- In the pop-up that appears, click on Add Facebook RTMP... You can also edit or delete an existing RTMP connection. For more information, click here.
- Under Label, enter the name of the Facebook page, group, or profile.
- Under Server URL, paste the Server URL you copied from your Facebook live video event.
- Under Stream Key, paste the Stream Key you copied from your Facebook live video event .
- Make sure the "Save to my account so it can be reused for other broadcasts" option is checked.
- Click Save.
Now you are ready to broadcast from Socialive to your Facebook Live Event. Follow the steps in the section below to make sure it is done correctly.
Step 3: Streaming to Your Facebook Live Event
- In Socialive, open the broadcast you've created for this event.
- Make sure the Facebook RTMP endpoint is selected.
- It is recommended to begin your stream with a start/title card. When you are ready, click on Start Broadcast.
- Return to your Facebook window and wait for the stream to connect (this may take a few seconds).
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you start the broadcast in Socialive before the scheduled start time on Facebook, the broadcast will not be pushed live to your audience until that time comes.
- If you want to start your broadcast ahead of the scheduled time, disable Go live automatically at scheduled start time and click Go Live at the bottom-left corner of your Facebook window.
- If Facebook is receiving the video feed, the broadcast will reach your audience at the scheduled start time.
- Facebook allows for a 10-minute window after the scheduled start time, so don't worry if you are not ready to start at the scheduled start time. However, if you do not go live within the 10-minute window, your broadcast will be deleted.
- When you are ready to end your broadcast, make sure to click End Live Video on Facebook before ending your broadcast in Socialive Studio.
Still, looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a support ticket.