With Socialive, you can stream to any platform that supports Real-time Messaging Protocol (RTMP). When you set up an RTMP stream, you can choose to store it for one-time use or save it to your account to use in future broadcasts (also called "persistent"). If you choose to save the RTMP settings, other producers will be able to stream to it in other broadcasts.
This article will go over the steps to:
To set up an RTMP connection, you need to:
- Have the RTMP Server URL and Stream Key from the platform you want to stream to.
- Be a Socialive administrator or broadcaster in your Socialive account.
Setting Up an RTMP Connection
- In Socialive, create a new broadcast or open an existing one.
- Socialive Studio will launch. On the right-side panel, under the Live Broadcasts tab, click the asterisk icon.
- In the pop-up that appears, click Add RTMP.
- Another pop-up will appear. Enter the following information:
- Label - Enter the name of the account you are adding.
- Server URL - Paste the platform's Server URL.
- Stream Key - Paste the platform's Stream Key.
- Optional: Save the RTMP to your account so it can be reused for other broadcasts.
- Click Save. The account will appear under the RTMP channels and you can now stream to it.
Editing an RTMP Connection
You can only edit the RTMP connections you created.
- Select the RMTP connection you want to edit.
- Click the down caret and select Edit.
- A pop-up will appear. Edit the RTMP connection details.
- Click Save.
Removing an RTMP Connection
Only Administrators can remove an RTMP connection.
- Select the RTMP connection you want to remove.
- Click the caret and select Remove.
- A pop-up will appear to confirm the action. Click Remove.
- The RTMP will be removed and no longer appear on the list.
Still, looking for an answer?