Posting Reels regularly on Instagram is proven to boost reach and engagement - what better place to connect with your audience? Socialive Integrations allows you to publish recorded content to Instagram Reels seamlessly. This support article includes the following topics.
- Integration Setup
- Video Specifications for Reels
- Publishing Content
The following must be set up in Instagram and Facebook for the integration with Instagram to work correctly.
- If it is not already, Instagram users must convert their account to a Professional account
- If it does not already exist, create a Facebook Page that represents the business
- Connect that Page to their Instagram account from Facebook, in Facebook follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook page within the professional account
- Go to Professional Dashboard
- Go to Linked accounts
- Click connect account
- Allow access to the message inbox
- Log in to the Instagram account
- You’ll receive confirmation the accounts are connected
Once the above steps are complete the following process can be followed in Socialive to publish Socialive video content to Instagram. Without proper setup, the integration will not work.
1. In Portal, select Integrations from the Admin dropdown.
2. Click Add Integration.
3. Select Instagram.
4. Title the Integration and click Save.
5. Click Add a new account to include Instagram authentication information and log in to Instagram. Then, select the desired Page ID and Instagram user from the dropdowns.
6. Once saved, confirmation the integration has been added will display.
Video Specifications for Reels
The following outlines video specifications, most importantly if the video is longer than 90 seconds it will not publish to Reels on Instagram.
|Aspect Ratio||9 x 16|
|Resolution||1080 x 1920 pixels||540 x 960 pixels||---|
|Frame Rate||24 - 60 frames per second||24 frames per second||---|
|Duration||---||3 seconds||90 seconds|
1. In the Socialive Recordings Library, locate the clip within the recording that will be published on Instagram.
2. Click Share Video and select the integration name.
3. Confirmation of the transfer will display, once complete an email confirmation will be sent.
4. And, the content will be viewable on Instagram.