This article provides instructions to connect your Workplace by Meta account to Socialive. Integrating Workplace to Socialive allows you to send Socialive recordings directly to a folder in Workplace.
- Creating a Workplace Custom Integration
- Configure the Workplace Custom Integration
- Connecting Workplace to Socialive
- Sending Recordings to Workplace
To connect Workplace to Socialive, you need to be:
- A Workplace Administrator with permission to change company settings and configure integrations
- A Socialive Administrator
Create a Workplace Custom Integration
- Go to the Admin Panel and navigate to the Integrations section.
- Click the Create Custom Integration button.
- Enter a Name and Description for the integration. We recommend using Socialive as the name and "Upload videos from Socialive" as the description.
- Click Create. Once the integration is created, you can configure it.
Configure the Workplace Custom Integration
- Create the Access Token:
- Under the Integration Details section, click the Create Access Token button.
- In the "New token created" dialog, copy and save the token for a later step.
- Check the "I Understand" box and click Done.
- Set the Integration's Permissions:
- In the Integrations Details menu on the left, click Permissions.
- Verify that the permission to Manage Group Content is selected.
- Scroll down to the "Give integration access to groups" section, and click the pencil icon to select the appropriate Group Permissions.
- Click Save.
- Optional Step - Customize the Integration:
- In the Integrations Details menu on the left, click Details.
- In the Integrations Details section at the top, click the pencil icon next to "Name, logo, description" to upload Socialive's logo (download here).
- Click Save.
Note: This custom integration is subject to Workplace by Meta deactivation policy terms, which will deactivate the integration if no activity has been recorded for 60 days.
Connecting Workplace to Socialive
- In Socialive, click your initials to open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, click Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, click Add Integration.
- Click Workplace.
- Give the integration a name (or use the default one) and click Save. Giving each integration a specific title may be useful when creating integrations of the same type for different departments.
- Click New Authentication.
- Enter a name for your new authentication.
- Enter the Access Token you copied and saved in earlier steps and paste the App Secret (found in the Integrations Details section).
- Click Create.
- A notification will appear to confirm the authentication was successfully created. Click Next.
- Enter the Target ID of the Group folder you would like to post videos to. To find this value, navigate to the Workplace group's folder page and inspect the URL in the address bar. The ID is the last set of numbers in the URL after the last forward slash (/). For example, in this URL mycompany.workplace.com/groups/123456789876543, the Target ID is 123456789876543.
- Click Finish to complete the setup. Now you can send Socialive recordings to Workplace.
Sending Recordings to Workplace
Follow the steps in the article to send recordings to Workplace. When you send recordings to Workplace:
- You will receive email notifications when the upload is completed.
- The transfer times may vary depending on the file size but most files will be uploaded within 15 minutes.
- Additional time may be required for the video to process in Workplace.