This article provides instructions to connect your Kaltura account to Socialive. Integrating Kaltura with Socialive allows you to send recordings directly from Socialive to Kaltura.
To connect Kaltura to Socialive, you need to:
- have a Kaltura account
- have access to Kaltura Management Console (KMC)
- be an Administrator in your Socialive account
- In Socialive, click your initials to open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, click Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, click Add Integration.
- Click Kaltura.
- Give the integration a name (or use the default one) and click Save. Giving each integration a specific title may be useful when creating integrations of the same type for different departments. For example “Send to Marketing Kaltura” versus the default “Send to Kaltura.”
- Click New Authentication.
- Enter a name for your new authentication.
- Enter your Administrator Secret key. For instructions to find this, refer to this Kaltura knowledge article.
- Enter your Partner ID. For instructions to find this, refer to this Kaltura knowledge article.
- Click Create.
- A notification will appear to confirm the authentication was successful. Click Finish to complete the set up. Now you can send Socialive recordings to your Kaltura account.
Sending Recordings to Kaltura
Follow the steps in the article to send recordings to Kaltura. When you send recordings to Kaltura:
- You will receive email notifications when the upload is completed. The email will provide a link to the video details page in KMC. The File ID provided in the email is the unique file identifier for KMC.
- The transfer times may vary depending on the file size but most files will be uploaded within 15 minutes.
- Additional time may be required for the video to process in Kaltura.