This article provides instructions to connect your Slack account to Socialive. Integrating Slack to Socialive allows you to send Socialive recordings directly to channels or users you specify (can be multiple).
To connect and send recordings to Slack, you need to be:
- A user within your Slack instance with permission to the channels you want to send recordings.
- An Administrator in your Socialive account
- In Socialive, click your initials to open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, click Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, click Add Integration.
- Click Slack.
- Give the integration a name (or use the default one) and click Save. Giving each integration a specific title may be useful when creating integrations of the same type for different departments. For example “Send to Marketing Slack Channel” versus the default “Send to Slack.”
- Click New Authentication.
- Enter a name for your authentication.
- Enter your Slack account's command sign-in secret key, if any. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Click Create. A pop-up window will appear. Sign in to your Slack account and authenticate the connection to Socialive.
- A notification will appear to confirm the authentication was created successfully. Click Next to continue the setup.
- Click Add Channel or User and select the destination. To find the channel or user you can scroll the options in the drop-down or start typing its name. You can add as many channels or users as needed.
- Click Finish to complete the setup. Now you can send Socialive recordings to Slack.
Sending Recordings to Slack
Follow the steps in the article to send recordings to Slack. When you send recordings to Slack:
- We recommend creating a clip of the recording you want to send and modifying the Title and Description accordingly to craft a message that will appear in your target destination.
- It is not recommended to send recordings longer than 20 minutes in length.
- Transfer times will vary, but most files will complete within 15 minutes. Additional time may be required for the video to be processed in Slack.
- You will receive email notifications when the upload is completed.
Still looking for an answer?