Elevate your video communications and simplify the complexity of your setup using the NDI Webcam Input tool for Windows to bring up to four unique video sources into Socialive Studio. This article provides instructions on how to set up NDI Webcam Input with various video sources and bring them into Socialive.
Learn more about NDI, why it is useful, and what other use cases and workflows are available.
To bring NDI video sources into Socialive, you need to:
- Use a Windows computer that meets NDI's minimum system requirements:
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7 or later. Individual NDI tools may require Windows 10.
- Computer Processing Unit (CPU): Intel or AMD CPUs with SSE4 or later
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): NVidia or Intel
Memory: 6 GB RAM or better
Network: 1 Gbit/s ethernet connection or better
Note: This workflow is only for Windows computers because the NDI Webcam Input tool is only available on Windows. The NDI Virtual Input tool for Mac does not allow users to bring four unique video sources simultaneously; it only allows you to select one video source at a time.
- Launch NDI Tools and open the Webcam Input app.
- From the system tray, click on the NDI Webcam Input icon to open it.
- In the window that opens, click the gear icon. If you're bringing multiple NDI video sources, click the << button to expand the window.
- Hover over your PC Name and select the video source from the list. The window will show a preview of the video source. Repeat this step for each NDI video source you're bringing.
- In Socialive Studio, the NDI video sources will automatically appear as Live Sources.
- If you have two NDI video sources, two live sources will appear in Socialive, and so on.
- If you're using the audio from the NDI video sources, you need to select the correct audio output in Socialive Studio. To select the audio output for a live source, click the drop-down underneath the NDI video feed in Studio and select the appropriate one from the list.
Still looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a support ticket.