NDI (Network Device Interface) is a high-quality, video-over-IP standard to enable cameras and other devices to send and receive high-definition video over a network for cable-free video production. Most NDI cameras are plug-and-play. Then can be plugged into any LAN (Local Area Network) and configured to operate with any software or hardware solution that supports NDI. Once an NDI camera is plugged into your network, you can add it as a Live Source in Socialive.
This article will go over the steps to:
The minimum system requirements to use NDI Virtual Input are:
- Microsoft Windows 10 OS (64-bit recommended)
- Mac OS X or later versions
- Intel Core i5 CPU or above
- 6GB RAM or above
Installing NDI Virtual Input for Mac
- Download NDI Tools for Mac. Fill out the form to receive the download link in an email from NDI.
- In the email you receive, click the link to download NDI Tools for Mac.
- Open the NewTekNDIToolsforMac DMG (disk image file).
- From the installer window that appears, double-click the file NewTekNDIVirtualInput.pkg.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the application.
- You will be prompted to restart your device. Save all your work before clicking Restart.
Installing NDI Virtual Input for Windows
- Download NDI Tools for Windows. Fill out the form to receive the download link in an email from NDI.
- Open the NDI 4 Tools executable file and follow the instructions on the screen to install the application.
- In the Select Components step, select All NDI Tools from the drop-down.
- Click Next to continue with the setup and then click Install.
Once you have NDI Virtual Input installed, you can use it to stream its active feeds into Socialive.
- Integrating Microsoft Teams Meetings Into Your Socialive Broadcast
- Integrating Skype Calls Into Your Socialive Broadcasts
Still, looking for an answer?