Elevate your video by adding a background. This is a great way to add depth to your content. Instead of leaving a space, as shown below, choose a background video or image from the Media assets or apply an on-brand color from the Theme. This article will go over the following topics.
- Supported Image Sizes
- Adding a Background Image or Video to a Scene
- Adding a Custom Background Color to Scenes
Supported Image Sizes
To fill up the entire screen, your images have to be full resolution, either:
1920 x 1080 px
1280 x 720 px
If you have images that you want to use but are unsure how to resize them to fit, go to iloveimg.com and follow the instructions to resize them and get them into Socialive. Once your image(s) is resized, follow the instructions to Uploading Media Assets to Studio.
Adding a Background Image or Video to a Scene
1. Hover over a source in the Media panel.
2. Click the Options menu in the upper-right corner and click Set as background. Doing this will set the image or video as the background for all your Scenes.
3. Alternatively, click the image icon in the upper-left corner to Set as background.
Adding a Custom Background Color to Scenes
Stay on the company brand by adding brand colors to the background of scenes. When using layouts that have white space, instead of showing a black background, you can show any color in the background.
1. In Socialive Studio, on the panel to the right, click the Theme tab.
2. Under Background Color, you can choose a color in four ways: a) entering the HEX code, b) manually selecting a color, c) selecting a color using the eyedrop, and d) entering the RGB, HSL, or HEX code.
3. The background color will be applied to all existing and new scenes.
You cannot add different background colors to individual scenes. However, during a recording, you can change the background color and send the scene live.