Socialive’s all-in-one platform enables you to show and hide guests’ names in your broadcast, either on the fly or preset by scene. The name tags can also include the speaker’s title, pronouns, or location. You can also customize any of the fields to include any other information you would want to add. You can customize name tags to match your brand with color, font, and style options.
This article provides instructions on how to set up name tags for guests active in the Green Room.
You can also set up name tags for media assets (e.g., pre-recorded content), click here to learn how.
Showing and Hiding Name Tags
The Name Tags feature takes the guest’s details from their user profile. Within Studio, you have the option to modify the guest’s display name, pronouns, location, and title for a specific broadcast. Changes made within Studio to a guest’s display name, title, or location will not update the guest’s profile at the account level.
- In Socialive Studio, if you haven't yet, invite your guests to the broadcast/recording (you can choose not to send them an email notification).
- Drag the guest(s) into a layout in the Preview area.
- From the Overlays panel, switch on the option to "Show name tags." Name tags will appear over each guest in the Scene. Alternatively, press CTRL + Alt + N (on Windows) or ⌃ + ⌥ + N (on Mac) to show/hide name tags.
Note: Name Tags will appear in all layouts except in 4 Picture-in-Picture (PiP) bottom, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 Left, as these layouts contain video sources that are too small to display name tags on the smaller windows.
Editing Guest's Information
The Name Tags feature takes the guest’s details from their user profile. When modifying the guest's display information, keep in mind the following:
- You can change their Display Name, Pronouns, Location, and Title as needed, or you can repurpose the fields for any other information you wish to display.
- Only two (2) lines are shown and the maximum length is 55 characters per line but it may be truncated when using narrow layouts.
- If one of the fields is left blank and you set the name tag to show the blank field, it will not appear on the screen. The name tag will only display the line(s) with the guest’s information.
- Changes made within Studio to a guest’s display name, title, or location will not update the guest’s profile at the account level.
Follow the steps below to edit a guest's details in Studio.
- On the Live Sources panel, hover over the guest and click the Options icon at the top-right corner.
- From the options list, click Edit Info.
- Modify the guest's information and click Save.
Customizing Name Tags Style
From four design options, you can customize the name tag's style, and the same style will be applied to all name tags in all scenes (with name tags) throughout the broadcast. Follow the steps below to enable name tags and customize the look.
- On the right-side panel, click Theme to open the name tags settings. From here, you can change the following:
- Accent Color- Enter the HEX code of the color you want to use or click the colored box to manually select it.
- Font - Select one of the fonts available on the list.
- Style- There are four styles of Name Tags you can choose from:
Header - Select the information you want to display in the Header line of the name tag. Select “No Header” to hide the header line.
- Footer - Select the information you want to display in the Footer line of the name tag. Select “No Footer” to hide the footer line.
- Position - Select where you want the name tag to display.
Once the recording or live broadcast has started, enabling or disabling Name Tags, making changes to the guest’s information, or changing the theme of the Name Tags will require you to “Send Live” the change in Studio in order for the audience to see the intended update. You can streamline this by using the following keyboard shortcuts in Studio while broadcasting or recording:
- To show or hide name tags, press CTRL + Alt + N (on Windows) or ⌃ + ⌥ + N (on Mac).
- To send the current scene live, press CTRL + Enter (on Windows) or ⌘ + Return (on Mac).
Still looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a support ticket.