Socialive’s all-in-one platform enables you to show and hide guests’ names in your broadcast, either on the fly or preset by scene. Name Tags can also be accompanied by the guest’s title or location. You can customize name tags to match your brand with color, font, and style options.
This article provides instructions on how to set up name tags for guests active in the Green Room.
Showing and Hiding Name Tags
You can turn on name tags for individual scenes or show and hide them on the go during your broadcast or recording.
- Drag the guest(s) into a layout in the Preview area.
- From the Overlays panel, switch on the option to "Show name tags." Name tags will appear over each guest in the Scene.
Note: Name Tags will appear in all layouts except in 4 Picture-in-Picture (PiP) bottom, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 Left, as these layouts contain video sources that are too small to appropriately display name tags on the smaller windows. Hence, they are disabled for those layouts.
Editing Guest's Information
The Name Tags feature takes the guest’s details from their user profile. Within Studio, you have the option to modify the guest’s display name, location, and title for a specific broadcast. Changes made within Studio to a guest’s display name, title, or location will not update the guest’s profile at the account level.
Follow the steps below to edit a guest's details in Studio.
- In Socialive Studio, if you haven't yet, invite your guests to the broadcast/recording (you can choose not to send them an email notification).
- On the Live Sources panel, hover over the guest and click the Options icon at the top-right corner.
- From the options list, click Edit Info.
- Modify the guest's information and click Save. The maximum length is 55 characters per line but it may be truncated when using narrow layouts. You can change their Display Name, Location, and Title as needed, depending on what information you want to display. If one of the fields is left blank and you set the name tag to show the blank field, it will not appear on the screen. The name tag will only display the line(s) with the guest’s information.
Customizing Name Tags Style
You can customize the name tag's style, and the same style will be applied to all name tags in all scenes (with name tags) throughout the broadcast. Follow the steps below to enable name tags and customize the look.
- On the right-side panel, click Theme to open the name tags settings. From here, you can change the following:
- Accent Color- Enter the HEX code of the color you want to use or click the colored box to manually select it.
- Font - Select one of the fonts available on the list.
- Style- There are four styles of Name Tags you can choose from:
Header - Select the information you want to display in the Header line of the name tag. Select “No Header” to hide the header line.
- Footer - Select the information you want to display in the Footer line of the name tag. Select “No Footer” to hide the footer line.
- Position - Select where you want the name tag to display.
Once the recording or live broadcast has started, enabling or disabling Name Tags, making changes to the guest’s information, or changing the theme of the Name Tags will require you to “Send Live” the change in Studio in order for the audience to see the intended update.
Still looking for an answer?