A run-of-show is a scene-by-scene sequence of events that are created before a recording or live broadcast. Similar to a storyboard, it can be built in or outside of Socialive Studio and provides a structure for running your live event. Each scene is comprised of a layout, video source(s), and graphics. In this article, we will go over the following topics:
Building a Scene
- First, select a Layout for your Scene.
- Next, drag in your live source(s) or media source(s) from the Sources panel to a section of the layout in the Preview section.
- Optionally, add a background image to your layout from the Media panel on the left. This background image will be applied to all Scenes. This is useful when you are using a multi-source layout which would need the background to fill in space around the sources. Learn more about how to upload media for broadcasting.
- Add video, audio, and/or graphic overlays from the Overlays tab at the bottom. Overlays are applied to each Scene individually. Learn how to use Overlays in Scenes.
- Within the Overlays tab, you can also enable the automated name tags to show lower-thirds on scenes with live guests. You can customize the name tag's style in the Theme tab. Learn how to use automated name tags in Studio.
- The Scene is automatically saved and you can view all of them in the Scenes panel above the Preview section. Click Add Scene to add another one.
Duplicating a Scene
To duplicate a Scene, click the Copy icon in the thumbnail of the Scene you want to duplicate. The duplicate Scene will appear next to it.
Deleting a Scene
To delete a Scene, click the Trash icon in the thumbnail of the Scene you want to delete.
Reordering a Scene
To reorder your Scenes, drag and drop the Scenes to the desired position.
Still looking for an answer?