This article provides instructions to connect your Vbrick account to Socialive. Integrating Vbrick with Socialive allows you to send Socialive recordings directly to Vbrick.
To connect Vbrick to Socialive, you need to:
- Contact your Vbrick Account Representative and inform them you would like to add the integration with Socialive. This will require Vbrick to whitelist the Socialive servers on your Vbrick Rev instance.
DO NOT continue with the integration process until this has been completed.
- Have access to create a Vbrick API Key
- Be an Administrator in your Socialive account
Generating an API Key in Vbrick
For detailed instructions on creating API Keys, refer to Vbrick documentation or contact Vbrick support for assistance.
- In Vbrick, go to Settings > System Settings > API Keys.
- Click + Add Key.
- Enter a name for the API Key. For example "Socialive."
- Enter a key for the API. For example "socialive_key."
- Click Create. This will generate the API Secret value for this key.
- Once the API Key is created, click Show under the Secret column to reveal it.
- Copy the values for Key and Secret and paste them into steps 8 and 9 in the section below.
Connecting Your Vbrick Account
- In Socialive, click your initials to open the Settings menu.
- On the Integrations page, click Add Integration.
- Give the integration a name (or use the default one) and click Save. Giving each integration a specific title may be useful when creating integrations of the same type for different departments. For example “Send to Marketing Vbrick” versus the default “Send to Vbrick.”
Click New Authentication.
Enter a name for your new authentication. This is only visible to you.
Paste the Vbrick API Key value.
Paste the Vbrick API Secret value.
Enter the Tenant Name. This is the URL used to access the Vbrick platform. For example, "mycompany.vbrick.com."
Optional or as directed by Socialive - Enter the Vbrick Master Email and Username.
A notification will appear to confirm the authentication was successful. Click Next to continue.
Enter a Default Tag to use for every upload. The default value is "Socialive."
Click Finish to complete the setup. Now you can send Socialive recordings to Vbrick.
Sending Recordings to Vbrick
Follow the steps in the article to send recordings to Vbrick. When you send recordings to Vbrick:
- You will receive email notifications when the upload is completed.
- The upload time will vary, but most files will complete within 15 minutes. However, additional time may be needed for the video to process in Wistia.