This article provides instructions to connect your SharePoint account to Socialive. Integrating SharePoint with Socialive allows you to send Socialive recordings directly to a folder on your SharePoint site.
For instructions to connect your OneDrive account to Socialive, click here.
Did you know? You can also easily send videos that have been created in Socialive to Yammer by using the (OneDrive or SharePoint) integration you configured by following a few simple steps. For more information, refer to the instructions in the Microsoft Support article under the section "Upload a file from SharePoint or OneDrive.”
To connect SharePoint to Socialive, you need to:
- have an Office 365 Enterprise account
- be an Administrator in your Socialive account
- In Socialive, click your initials to open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, click Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, click Add Integration.
- Click SharePoint.
- Give the integration a name (or use the default one) and click Save. Giving each integration a specific title may be useful when creating integrations of the same type for different departments. For example “Send to Marketing SharePoint” versus the default “Send to SharePoint.”
- Click New Authentication.
- Follow the onscreen prompts in the pop-up window to connect your SharePoint account. Once connected, a notification will appear to confirm the authentication was successful.
- Select the appropriate site from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Enter a Target Folder name (optional). You may input a subfolder in the format of Folder/SubFolder. If the folder does not exist on your Site, a new one will be created.
- Click Finish to complete the setup. Now you can send Socialive recordings to SharePoint.
Sending Recordings to SharePoint for Business
Follow the steps in the article to send recordings to SharePoint. When you send recordings to SharePoint for Business:
- Make sure you have enough allocated storage space before sending your recordings.
- The title of the uploaded Socialive videos may appear different in SharePoint to avoid potential errors with special characters in the title of the videos. Contact Socialive Support for further information if needed.
- You will receive email notifications when the upload is completed. The email will provide a direct link to the file.
- Transfer times will vary, but most files will complete within 15 minutes.
- Due to a limitation in the Microsoft SharePoint API, the description field of a broadcast will not be transferred from Socialive.
Still looking for an answer?