This article provides instructions to connect your Frame.io account to Socialive. Integrating Frame.io to Socialive allows you to send Socialive recordings directly to a folder in Frame.io.
- Generating a Token to Access the Frame.io API
- Adding Frame.io as an Integration
- Sending Recordings to Frame.io
Socialive recordings sent to Frame.io can be accessed in Workfront by integrating Frame.io with Workfront. This workflow helps accelerate and streamline the video reviewing process. Learn more about this workflow on Adobe.
To connect Frame.io to Socialive, you need to:
- have a Frame.io account
- be an Administrator in your Socialive account
Generating a Token to Access the Frame.io API
To connect your Frame.io account, you'll need to generate an API token for Socialive to send recordings to your Frame.io folder. Frame.io supports external access through scoped API tokens. Tokens are associated with individual user accounts, and have the same access permissions as the user who created them. All API actions in Frame.io are restricted by scopes.
Follow the steps below to generate an API token:
- While logged in to your Frame.io account, navigate to the Developer - Tokens page.
- On the Tokens page, click the Create a Token button.
- Give a name/description for the token.
- Under the Assets section, select the scope to Create, Read, and Update.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit.
- Once you click Submit, a token will be generated and you'll be taken to a page showing you the token. Keep this page open until you complete the integrations steps in the next part.
Adding Frame.io as an Integration
- In Socialive, click your initials to open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, click Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, click Add Integration.
- Click Frame.io.
- Give the integration a name (or use the default one) and click Save. Giving each integration a specific title may be useful when creating integrations of the same type for different departments. For example “Send to Marketing Frame.io” versus the default “Send to Frame.io.”
- Click New Authentication.
- Enter a name for your new authentication.
- Scroll down and paste the API token you generated in the text field and click Create.
- A notification will appear to confirm the authentication was successfully created. Click Next to continue the setup.
- Enter the target folder's path. In Frame.io, open an existing folder or create a new folder within the project where you want Socialive recordings to be uploaded. Copy and paste the last part of the URL of the target folder "https://app.frame.io/projects/<projectID>/<FolderID>"; this is the ID of the folder.
- Click Finish to complete the setup. Now you can send Socialive recordings to Frame.io
Sending Recordings to Frame.io
Follow the steps in the article to send recordings to Frame.io. When you send recordings to Frame.io:
- Make sure you have enough allocated storage space before sending your recordings.
- You will receive email notifications when the upload is completed. The email will provide a link to the player page in Frame.io.
- The upload time to Frame.io is quick. However, additional time may be needed for the video to process in Frame.io. The upload process can be viewed on the player page.
Still looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a support ticket.