In this article, we will go over the following topics:
- Inviting a Guest
- Why Skip the Email Invitation?
- How Will Guests Join a Broadcast Without an Email Invitation?
Before we start, make sure your guest:
- Has a guest account created in Socialive.
- Completed the setup of their guest account, or you have provided them with the credentials (email and password) to log in to Socialive.
- In Socialive Studio, under the Live Sources tab on the left, click the Invite a Guest button at the bottom.
- Enter your guest's name or email address. As you type, the drop-down will auto-populate the names of people with a created guest account in your Socialive account.
If you want to send an email invite to your guest right away, check the box "Send an email invite to this broadcast." See the section below to learn more about why you should skip the email invitation.
Unregistered email addresses will always receive an email with a link to set up a Socialive account.
- Click Add Guests. The guests will appear on the left, under Live Sources.
Why Skip the Email Invitation?
When you invite a guest to your broadcast, you can choose to skip sending an email invitation. This is useful since producers often set up their scenes before the actual live broadcast or recording sessions. It is better to skip the email invitation, in these cases, so your guests are not distracted with emails long before they need to sign in.
How Will Guests Join a Broadcast Without an Email Invitation?
Guests do not need an email invitation to join a broadcast. Guests can join any broadcast they are invited to by signing in to the Socialive Web Portal when needed in the Green Room. Once they log in, they will see a list of broadcasts they are invited to and they can click Join to enter the Green Room.