The Socialive Green Room is a safe, distinct space behind the scenes, separating what the audience sees from the work that goes into delivering a quality experience. The Guest Director role provides the option to include PR, communications, and any experts who contribute to the content but are not on camera. This article provides steps to assign the Director role to your guests.
- Assigning the Guest Director Role to a Guest
- Removing the Guest Director Role from a Guest
To assign the Director role to your guest(s), you need to be a Socialive Administrator in your Socialive account.
Once your guests have been added to a session, you can assign the Guest Director role. Below are the characteristics of the Guest Director role in the Green Room:
- Multiple guests can be assigned the Director role.
- Guest Directors are identified by a badge at the bottom-right corner of their video feed, next to the health indicator in the Green Room.
- The Guest Director's badge is also shown at the bottom-right corner of their video feed on the Live Sources panel in Socialive Studio.
- Throughout the session, a Guest Director's microphone will remain unmuted, so they can talk to everyone, on or off-camera. Guest Directors can cue guests when it's time for them to go live or answer any questions.
- Guest Directors can progress slides when there is a slide share.
- Guest Directors can be added to a scene.
- Producers can assign the Guest Director role to guests with a Socialive account when building out Scenes and the run of show before a session. Note, if this is the guest's first time in Socialive, the Producer will have to wait until the guest's account is created to assign them the Guest Director role.
Assigning the Guest Director Role to a Guest
- Hover over the Guest you want to assign the role to and click the carrot icon.
- Select the Director to assign the role.
- A badge will appear at the bottom-right corner of their video feed to identify them.
Removing the Guest Director Role from a Guest
- Hover over the Guest you want to remove the role from and click the carrot icon.
- Select the presenter's role to remove the Director role.
- The badge will no longer appear at the bottom-right corner of their video feed to identify them.
Still, looking for an answer?