Your Facebook Live video automatically shows captions when your live video is watched while muted. If a viewer unmutes the video, the captions will disappear. Viewers also have the option to turn on captions at any time, even when the sound is on. Currently, it is not possible to disable Facebook's automatic captioning directly in Socialive Studio.
This article will go over the steps to disable auto-captions on Facebook live videos.
- Go to Facebook Live Producer.
- On the left-hand menu, under the Post section, click the Post to a Page you manage option.
- Select the page you want to manage captions for.
- On the right side of the dashboard, scroll down to the Settings section and click on Viewing.
- Toggle the Auto-Generated Captions option to turn it off.
When you disable this feature, auto-generated captions for Facebook Live videos will no longer be shown.