Make your video content available to a larger audience on LinkedIn with closed captions. If you want to reach hearing-impaired viewers, captions help these groups understand your videos. Captions are also useful on social media, where 85% of people report watching videos without sound. Social media users are far more likely to watch an entire video when captions are available.
This article provides the steps to enable automatic closed captioning on LinkedIn from Socialive.
To enable closed captioning on LinkedIn from Socialive, you need to:
- Have LinkedIn Live-approved Company Pages connected in Socialive
- Be a Socialive Administrator in your Socialive account
- In Socialive Studio, click the LinkedIn logo.
- In the pop-up that appears, click on the LinkedIn Company Page where you want to set the target audience.
- On the right side, under Target Audience, check the box to enable automatic captions.
When this feature is enabled, viewers on LinkedIn will see the English captions within the video player (see image below). However, keep in mind the following when using automatic captions on LinkedIn:
- Captions are available only for English audio content
- Captions can be removed from LinkedIn after the livestream begins, but captions cannot be added after the livestream begins.
- Captions must be enabled within Socialive before the livestream begins.
Still, looking for an answer?