Video overlays that have a transparent background need to be in the WebM format in order to use them in Socialive. This article provides information on how you can export or convert your video files to WebM format using popular video editing software and video converter (such as Shutter Encoder).
If you have any issues or questions related to these video editing software, please refer to their corresponding support channels.
For Adobe Premiere Pro, you'll need to install the plugin WebM by FNord Software and follow the instructions in the article below to export files in WebM format.
Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X does not have a direct WebM export option but there is a workaround:
- Export the FCP X project as an H.264 .MOV movie with Alpha Transparency channel.
- Convert the resulting .MOV file into WebM format using Shutter Encoder
DaVinci Resolve also does not have a direct WebM export option but there is a workaround:
- Export/Render the video and make sure you select "Export Alpha."
- Convert the resulting .MOV file into WebM using Shutter Encoder
In Motion, follow the steps in this Apple Support article to export your project as a movie file. Make sure to select the following options in the Settings pane when exporting:
- Format: Video Only
- Video Codec: H.264
- Color Chanels: Color + Alpha
Next step is to convert the resulting .MOV file to WebM using Shutter Encoder.