You can add video overlays with a transparent background to Socialive broadcasts and recordings. These video overlays must be in WebM format. To convert a video file with Alpha Transparency, you can use Shutter Encoder, a free, and open-source video encoder available for Windows and macOS.
To convert files with Shutter Encoder, you need to:
- have downloaded and installed Shutter Encoder on your computer
- have video files that have Alpha Transparency
- Open Shutter Encoder.
- Under Choose Files, click Browse and select the file you want to encode.
- Under Choose Function, select VP9 from the drop-down. When you select VP9, the .webm option is selected by default.
- In the panel on the right, click to expand the options under Advanced Features and select Enable Alpha Channel.
- Under VP9, click Start Function.
- The conversion will start and show the progress status at the bottom of the window. When the conversion is completed, the app will open the folder containing the .webm file. Upload the file as an overlay and use it in your broadcasts or recordings.
Still looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at email@example.com, or submit a support ticket.