On24's Broadcast Video option allows you to incorporate high-quality Socialive broadcasts into your live webcasts. This article will go over the steps to:
- Create an On24 Webcast
- Connect Your On24 Webcast to Socialive via RTMP
- Preview Your Broadcast
- Start Your On24 Webcast
To broadcast to an On24 Webcast, you need to:
- Have the Broadcast Video option enabled on your On24 account. For more information, contact your On24 Customer Success Manager.
- Be a Socialive administrator on your Socialive account.
Creating an On24 Webcast
- Go to On24 and click Create a Webcast.
- On the next page, create your Webcast. Make sure to select the Broadcast Video option from the Present Type drop-down.
- After you create your Webcast, you will see the Presenter Information at the bottom. Copy the Encoder A's URL and Stream ID.
Connecting Your On24 Webcast to Socialive via RTMP
- In Socialive, under the Broadcast Live tab, click the asterisk icon (the last icon).
- In the pop-up that appears, click Add RTMP.
- Another pop-up will appear. Enter the following information:
- Label - By default, this is named "Rtmp," but you might want to add something that differentiates the account from others.
- Server URL - Paste the Encoder A's URL as the Server URL.
- Stream Key - Paste the Encoder A's Stream ID as the Stream Key.
- Click Save.
Previewing Your Broadcast
We recommend that you preview your broadcast before the live Webcast to check that everything is working properly.
- In Socialive, set up your broadcast with a start card at the beginning.
- Once you are ready, toggle on the On24 Webcast channel you created in the section above, and click Start Broadcast.
- Click on the Preview link in On24 to open the preview event console.
Starting Your On24 Webcast
When it is time to start your On24 Webcast, follow these steps:
- In Socialive, we recommend that you start your broadcast 1 hour before the audience lobby open time.
- In On24, click Start Live in PMXD when you're ready to start your Webcast.
- When you are ready to stop your Webcast, click Stop Live in PMXD.
Still, looking for an answer?