What is targeting? Targeting is to cater your organic Company Page posts to a specific language, location, region, university, function, industry, or company size. Organic post targeting is free, as opposed to LinkedIn ad targeting.
In this article, we will go over the following topics:
- Targeting Features
- Step 1 - Connecting Your LinkedIn Account to Socialive
- Step 2 - Setting Your LinkedIn Target Audience in Socialive
- Viewing Your Broadcast's Stats
- Targeting determines who is eligible to receive a notification about your live broadcast. The broadcast will appear on the Company Page's feed for all visitors, regardless of targeting.
- Targeting allows you to tailor posts to a specific subset of followers.
- Targeting is useful for global Company Pages with multiple geographic audiences.
- Targeting helps you avoid alienating segments of your audience for whom the message will not resonate.
Why would you want fewer impressions? Below are a couple of reasons:
- Targeted posts are more relevant.
- More relevant posts drive engagement.
- Engagement drives more viral potential.
Step 1 - Connecting Your LinkedIn Account to Socialive
Follow the steps in the article to connect your LinkedIn account to Socialive.
Step 2 - Setting Your LinkedIn Target Audience in Socialive
There is no targeting set by default, and therefore Anyone on LinkedIn is eligible to receive notifications when you go live. Targeting is only available for Company Page posts, not personal profile posts.
- In Socialive Studio, under the Broadcast Live tab, click the LinkedIn logo.
- In the pop-up that appears, click on the LinkedIn Company Page where you want to set the target audience.
- On the right side, under Target Audience, click on Anyone on LinkedIn to set the targeting.
- Another pop-up will appear. Select any combination of languages and regions for your targeted audience. Under regions, you will see the estimated audience number depending on your selection. LinkedIn requires a target audience of at least 300. You will not be able to save your targeting selections if your estimated audience is less than 300.
- Click Save.
Viewing Your Broadcast's Stats
After your broadcast ends, you can click on Show Stats on the LinkedIn post (it may take a few minutes for this option to appear on the post). In the Stats panel, you will see targeting and organic performance.
Still, looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at email@example.com, or submit a support ticket.