This article provides troubleshooting steps you can perform when you encounter some common issues when entering the Green Room. These steps can also apply when you encounter issues entering Socialive Studio.
I'm using Google Chrome but I'm seeing a message to "Get Chrome" before joining.
Socialive is compatible with Chrome 74 and newer. Anything older than Chrome 74 will result in that message popping up. Follow the instructions in the Google Chrome Help article to check and keep your Google Chrome browser version up to date.
For more information, refer to the article on Socialive's Minimum Technical Specifications and Best Practices.
I'm getting a black screen when in the Green Room. I can't see myself or anyone else in the Green Room.
This might be due to browser permissions to use the camera and microphone. Follow the instructions in the Google Chrome Help article to allow the use of your camera and microphone in Socialive.
If you are using a Mac (laptop or desktop), follow the instructions in the macOS User Guide to:
I'm joining from the Socialive mobile app and I'm unable to see or hear others in the Green Room or the Broadcast.
Make sure that before you join the broadcast, in Settings, you select to join the broadcast as a Guest and not as a Camera. For detailed instructions, refer to the article Joining a Broadcast as Guest from an iOS Device.
I'm stuck on the screen trying to Join the Broadcast. I'm seeing a spinning wheel that won't stop spinning.
There are a few reasons why you would see this:
- Your network connection is unstable. Some workarounds you could try are:
- If you are on your computer, connect to your network via ethernet, then click Cancel and try to re-join the broadcast.
- If you are on your mobile device, try to be near your Wi-Fi router for a better signal.
- Other applications are using your camera and microphone (e.g., Skype, Zoom, Hangouts, etc.). Close those applications, then click Cancel and try to re-join the broadcast.
- You need to clear your browser cache. Follow the instructions in the Google Chrome Help article to clear your browsing data. Once you have cleared your browser data, re-open Socialive and try to re-join the broadcast.
I'm not able to open Socialive Studio
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to open Socialive Studio:
- You are not using Google Chrome to access Socialive Studio. Other browsers are not supported.
- Your Google Chrome browser is not up to date. Follow the instructions in the Google Chrome Help article to check and keep your Google Chrome browser version up to date.
- You are using an AdBlock plugin such as uBlock Origin.
- If this is the case, make sure that you toggle it off for Socialive. Including Socialive in the Allow List does not work, and you will still not be able to enter Studio. Follow the instructions to turn off uBlock Origin for Socialive.
- You are using a corporate VPN that may be blocking access to Socialive. If possible, try to turn it off when accessing Studio.
Still looking for an answer?