The Socialive mobile app allows you to capture device recordings in up to 1080p resolution. The video is captured from your device and automatically uploaded to Socialive. As a guest, you won’t need to download or transfer any large files manually - Socialive takes care of it.
When recording in full-HD quality:
The maximum length is 90 minutes per single recording. You can create as many 90-minute recordings as needed but it will depend on how much free space your device has. You’ll need at least 2GB per 1 hour of recording.
If the device doesn't have the minimum free space, you will not be able to start a recording.
For each recording, a cloud ISO is also saved, but a full-HD version is also recorded temporarily on their device, which is not impacted by network fluctuations or limitations
Since the video does not have to travel over the Internet, the recording will be on HD 1080p quality without any distortions from bandwidth limitations that can affect the resolution, bitrate, and overall video quality.
If the device is running out of space while recording, you will be notified when the device is almost out of free space. If you continue recording and ultimately run out of free space, the recording will automatically stop once it runs out of space.
Once the recording finishes uploading, the video will be removed from your device, and no longer take up the device's storage space.
This article serves as a guide for guests to capture device recordings of their video feed in up to 1080p resolution from within the Green Room.
To capture device recordings in the mobile Green Room, you need to:
Have an invitation to join a Socialive account from a Socialive administrator
Have at least 1.5 GB of free storage space per hour of recording, and at least 500 MB to start a full-HD recording.
Close other applications that will not be used in the broadcast which may be taking up extra processing resources and may affect the device's performance.
Enable Do Not Disturb to prevent calls and notifications to cause distractions.
Turn off Portrait Lock to allow the device’s screen to switch to landscape orientation.
First, you’ll need to join the broadcast and enter the Green Room where you’ll be recording. Follow the instructions in the article to join a broadcast from your Android device.
- From the Green Room, tap the record button on the right-hand panel.
- A panel will appear. Here you'll see the estimated amount of minutes you can record based on the amount of free space available.
- Tap Start Recording. A notification will appear at the top and in the Green Room chat, notifying you and others in the Green Room that you started recording.
- While recording, the duration of the recording will appear next to the health monitor.
- Once you're done recording, tap on the record button to stop recording. A notification and a message in the Green Room chat will appear, notifying you and others in the Green Room that the recording was captured.
- After you leave the broadcast, you'll see a bar at the top showing there are uploads in process. Tap the bar to open the Uploads page. Wait for the recordings to finish uploading and do not close the app. You can leave the app if you need to answer any calls, emails, or texts, but you should come back and keep the app open until the recording has been fully uploaded to the Socialive library. Once the recordings are uploaded, they will start processing. You do not need to keep the app open while it's processing.
Supported Devices for Device Recordings
- Samsung S9 and above
- Samsung Z Fold 3 and above
- Samsung Z Flip 3 and above
- Samsung Tab S6 and above
- Motorola Edge (2021 and later)
- Motorola G Stylus (2022)
- OnePlus 8T, 9, and 10
- Google Pixel 5 and above
Still, looking for an answer?