- Do You Have a Socialive App for Android?
- Can I View My Recordings From the Socialive App?
- Do I Need to Have Storage Available On My Phone When Recording a Video?
- Why Is My Video Sideways When I Look at the Recording in My Dashboard?
- Why Is the Guest Mobile Feed Flipped When I Look at Their Individual Feeds Under a Completed Session?
- I Recorded a Video. Why Can't I Find It?
- Troubleshooting Common Issues
- I joined from the Socialive app, but I keep dropping.
- I'm joining from the Socialive mobile app, and I'm unable to see or hear others in the Green Room or the Session.
- My device froze during the session.
- Force Quit or Restart
- Issues with Session Quality and Consistency
- No Device Detected/Can't See Your Camera
Do You Have a Socialive App for Android?
Yes, the Socialive Android app allows guests to join sessions and capture device recordings that are automatically uploaded to the Socialive Recordings Library.
Can I View My Recordings From the Socialive App?
You can view your recordings in the Videos tab on the Socialive mobile app.
Do I Need to Have Storage Available On My Phone When Recording a Video?
The Record feature only uses phone storage when the internet connection is not very fast. The app temporarily stores video on the device until it can be uploaded to the cloud. So when you have a good internet connection, there is no (or little) video temporarily stored on the device. If, however, the connection is slow, the video can temporarily be stored until it uploads to the cloud. As it uploads, it is completely cleared from the phone.
We show a "Low storage" alert at 600MB (approx. 12 minutes of video) and a "No storage" alert at 200MB (approx. 4 minutes of video).
If your recordings will be at least 45 minutes, and your network may not have the fastest upload speeds, we recommend trying to free up at least 2GB of space on your phone to ensure your recordings are not interrupted.
Why Is My Video Sideways When I Look at the Recording in My Dashboard?
We recommend that you turn off Portrait Lock when using Socialive. A pop-up notification will appear if it is still on within your phone settings. If the video is sideways, that means that the recording was captured in Portrait (vertical) instead of Landscape (horizontal). Socialive records in Landscape.
If you want to rotate the video's orientation of the recording, follow the steps in the How-To: Fix iPhone Videos That Started in Portrait Mode.
Why Is the Guest Mobile Feed Flipped When I Look at Their Individual Feeds Under a Completed Session?
When the front camera is used, it is flipped in the individual’s recording but NOT in the livestream, and subsequent recording.
If you want to have that raw video asset from your guests for clips, etc., follow the steps in the How-To: Fix iPhone Videos That Started in Portrait Mode.
I Recorded a Video. Why Can't I Find It?
Depending on the length of the video, it can take about 1/3rd of the time to process fully.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
I joined from the Socialive app, but I keep dropping.
If you are having difficulty connecting or staying connected, it could be due to a few reasons:
- Your network is unstable. Try switching from Wi-Fi to LTE or 5G, or vice versa. Test the connectivity before the recording starts or while you are backstage.
- Do Not Disturb is not enabled. If Do Not Disturb is not enabled or if you take a phone call or tap on an incoming notification during a recording, you will drop from the Green Room.
I'm joining from the Socialive mobile app, and I'm unable to see or hear others in the Green Room or the Session.
My device froze during the session.
If your device freezes, it means the processor is overloaded. When this happens, you should do the following:
- Force close the Socialive mobile app.
- Rejoin the session.
- Immediately activate Energy Saving mode in the app.
- If your device keeps having issues, AND your device is a newer model (e.g., iPhone XS), try restarting your device to power cycle it.
Force Quit or Restart
Most issues could be resolved by force quitting the app and re-opening it, or by restarting your device.
Issues with Session Quality and Consistency
No Device Detected/Can't See Your Camera
Still, looking for an answer?