With Portrait mode, the camera creates a depth-of-field effect that keeps the subject sharp while blurring the background. You can use Portrait Mode with the Socialive mobile app on supported Apple devices. This article provides the steps to enable Portrait Mode within the Socialive mobile app.
To use Portrait Mode, you need to:
- Have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Check if your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS here.
- Have an Apple device that supports Portrait Mode
- iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus
- iPhone X, XR, SE (2nd Gen)
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone 11 and above
- iPad Pro 11-inch (all Gens) - (frontal camera only)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Gen and later) - (frontal camera only)
- Have the Socialive mobile app for iOS installed on your device
- Have been invited to a broadcast on Socialive
NOTE: Older iPhone models (7, 8, XR, Xs, Xs Max) may be used. However, given their limited processing power, guests may enter Energy Saver mode quickly after joining a broadcast and/or face other issues.
- Open the Socialive app and log in to your account.
- From the Join tab, tap Join to enter the Green Room.
- Turn your device horizontally and tap Continue.
- In the Green Room lobby, you will see some buttons to the right of your screen. Tap the Settings button (the 3 dots) in the bottom-right corner.
- In the Settings panel, tap Access iOS Video Effects.
- Tap to enable Portrait mode. Once it's enabled, the camera will focus on the subject and blur the background. Portrait mode will persist across all areas of the Socialive mobile app (e.g., internal recordings).