If you have issues using the screen share feature on your macOS computer (Macbook, iMac, Mac Mini, etc.) it could be due to wrongly configured privacy settings on your device. This article provides the steps to allow screen sharing in Google Chrome.
The steps below apply to macOS Catalina 10.15 and Big Sur 11.0.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
- Select Screen Recording from the options on the left.
- Click the Lock icon on the bottom left of the window to make changes in your Privacy settings. You will be prompted to enter your computer password or use Touch ID to authenticate.
- Select the checkbox next to Google Chrome to allow it to record your screen.
- Click the Lock icon to save your changes.