Twitter offers easy-to-use tools for you to share your stories as they unfold with live video. Twitter's live video toolkit includes the Media Studio Producer, a flexible API for professional broadcasts, and a one-touch broadcasting option from Twitter apps. With Socialive, you can go live on Twitter with the live API or via RTMP.
Differences Between Going Live via the API or RTMP
There are a couple of differences between these two methods.
Twitter Live API
- With the Twitter live API, you can simply connect your Twitter account to Socialive and stream directly to it.
- You can only enter a broadcast title, which will be the tweet that gets posted onto your account along with your live broadcast feed when you go live. This broadcast title field has a 140 character limit.
- You can connect and go live into any Twitter account.
Follow the instructions in the article to stream to Twitter via the live API.
Twitter Media Studio Producer
- With Media Studio Producer, you can create a professionally-produced live broadcast with flexible settings. It allows you to:
- Plan and promote live broadcasts in advance with broadcast scheduling
- Create a recurring broadcast either daily or weekly
- Create public and private broadcasts
- Apply geo-restrictions to your content
- You need to be invited to access Media Studio. Contact Twitter about getting access to Media Studio.