Live Streaming a pre-recorded video (VOD) is an excellent way to keep your audience engaged. The Socialive mobile app lets you use any video in your iPhone's library and broadcast it out to your social channels from anywhere!
- Log in to the Socialive mobile app and navigate to the Go Live tab at the bottom.
- Tap on Live stream a video.
- Next, you will see your videos from your iOS Photos library. Find and select the video you want to broadcast.
- After selecting the video, it will start compressing. Depending on the size and duration of the video, it may take a couple of minutes.
- Next, you will see the upload screen. Do NOT close the app, switch to another app, or lock your phone while the video is uploading. Wait until the upload finishes. This may take several minutes to upload, depending on the size and length of the video.
- Once it is uploaded, enter the name of your broadcast and a description for your social copy, and then tap NEXT.
- On the next page, toggle on the distribution channels (social platforms) you want to broadcast to and tap NEXT. If you do not have any set up previously, you will have to add them now. Follow the steps in this article to add broadcast channels.
- Review the details of your live stream and when you're ready tap on START LIVE STREAM to go live. The video will go live on the platform and the stream will end when the video ends.
Note: After you start the live stream from the app, you may have to click "go live" on the platform you're streaming to (e.g., Facebook).
Still looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at email@example.com, or submit a support ticket.