Socialive makes it easier to bring together multiple presenters from remote locations into a broadcast, and sometimes you may want to record or broadcast a Skype call using Socialive. This article goes over the steps to:
The computer running Socialive needs to have NDI Virtual Input installed and running. For instructions, refer to the article on Installing NDI Virtual Input on Your Computer.
Enabling NDI in Skype
- Before your Skype call, go to Settings.
- Click on Calling and then click Advanced.
- Toggle on Allow NDI usage.
After enabling NDI in Skype, all calls that you join will have streams available via NDI over your local network.
NDI Output Options in Skype
Once NDI is enabled, the following streams will be available:
- Active Speaker - A stream will be generated that automatically switches to whoever is actively speaking from all of the incoming streams. (The audio/video from your own computer will not be included.)
- Local - A stream will be generated of the audio/video sent to the meeting from your computer. This allows you to have the same audio/video in both the meeting and in your local NDI production.
- Individual Users - Each individual user will have a stream available over NDI/ The incoming audio for a meeting is mixed together and will be the same for all individual user streams. These streams will display the video at the same quality the client receives.
Choosing an NDI Active Feed
Once the NDI Virtual Input is running, you can select any active feed from the NDI application menu.
The NDI Source will appear in the Live Sources panel in Socialive Studio.
Still, looking for an answer?