Currently, Instagram does not support livestreaming outside its own mobile app. As soon as Instagram offers official live video support, it will be added as a distribution option within Socialive. However, you can stream to Instagram Live through a third-party application, like Yellow Duck. This article provides the steps to stream to Instagram using Yellow Duck.
Please note, Yellow Duck is NOT affiliated with, authorized, or endorsed by Instagram or Socialive. Use the application at your own discretion.
To broadcast to Instagram using Yellow Duck, you need to:
- Have the credentials to the Instagram account where you want to stream.
- Download and install the Yellow Duck app for Windows or macOS.
- Be a Socialive Administrator in your Socialive account.
- Start the Yellow Duck application.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Get your RTMP URL and Stream Key for the Instagram account.
Keep in mind that as soon as your login passes, you have a few minutes to start your stream, since your key will expire in a few minutes.
- In Socialive Studio, follow the steps to add the RTMP connection.
- Click Save. You are now ready to stream to Instagram.
- Whenever you are ready, first click Start in Socialive and then click Start in the Yellow Duck app. The stream will be delivered to your Instagram.
Please note that you will not be able to see your own stream and live status.