BThis article provides the steps to broadcast live to social channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) from the Socialive iOS mobile app.
Before you start the broadcast, you need to:
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
- Turn off Portrait Lock
- Log in to the Socialive mobile app and navigate to the Go Live tab at the bottom.
- Tap on Start a live broadcast.
- Enter the name and description of your broadcast and tap NEXT.
- On the next page, toggle on the distribution channels (social platforms) where you want to broadcast and tap NEXT. If you do not have any set up previously, you will have to add them now. Follow the steps in this article to add broadcast channels.
- Turn your device horizontally (camera to the left) to continue and then tap Continue.
- The broadcasting interface will appear. At the bottom left, you will see the following buttons:
- Settings - In the Settings menu, you will be able to turn on the alignment guides, the flash, and test your internet connection.
- Switch Camera - Tapping this button will switch your main camera to the selfie camera, and vice versa.
- Microphone - Tap the microphone button to mute or unmute yourself.
- When you are ready to start, tap the red record button at the bottom right. A countdown of 5 seconds will start.
- When the countdown finishes, a red bar will appear at the top, showing how long your broadcast has elapsed.
- When you are ready to end the broadcast, tap on End Broadcast at the bottom left. You will be prompted to confirm you want to stop the broadcast.
- The recording of the broadcast will be available in your Recordings, accessible from the Socialive web portal.
Still looking for an answer?
Contact Socialive Support via live chat, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a support ticket.