While Socialive makes it easy to bring together multiple presenters from remote locations into a broadcast, sometimes you may want record or broadcast a Skype call using Socialive.
Step 1: Enable NDI in Skype
- Before your Skype call, tap or click for Settings
- Select Calling then Advanced
- You will see “Allow NDI® Usage” turn the toggle on. (A banner will appear in your call letting everyone that you are potentially broadcasting or recording the call via NDI).
After enabling NDI in Skype, all calls that you join will have streams available via NDI® over your local network.
NDI output options in Skype
Once NDI is enabled, the following streams will be available:
- Active speaker: A stream will be generated that automatically switches to whoever is actively speaking from all of the incoming streams. (Audio/video from your own computer will not be included.)
- Local: A stream will be generated of the audio/video that is being sent to the meeting from your computer. (This allows you to have the same audio/video in both the meeting and in your local NDI® production.)
- Individual users: Each individual user will have a stream available over NDI®. The incoming audio for a meeting is mixed together and will be the same for all individual user streams. These streams will display the video at the same quality that is being received by the client.
Step 2: Enable NDI Virtual Input on your computer
On the computer running Socialive, make sure you have NDI Virtual Input installed and running (see installation instructions). Once NDI Virtual Input is running, you can select any active feed from the NDI application menu:
The NDI source will appear in the Live Sources panel in Socialive Studio: