Before you join a broadcast, please remember to put your phone into Do Not Distrub mode.
Open the Socialive App, and login.
You will see the broadcasts you've been invited to in the JOIN Tab.
Tap the JOIN button to join a broadcast
Pick your recording quality
After turning your device to landscape, you’ll see an option to record in Standard or Full-HD video quality.
- Your video stream will be recorded in the cloud at standard HD resolution (720p).
- Since your video is streaming over the internet, the quality can fluctuate based on your network conditions.
- Your video stream will still be recorded in the cloud, but a full-HD (1080p) version will also be recorded temporarily on your device.
- Since the video does not have to travel over the internet, the recording will be extremely high-quality, without any distortions from internet congestion.
- Once you leave the broadcast, your recording will automatically upload to the Socialive Library and no video data will remain on your device.
NOTE: Please ensure you have enough free space on your device to record in full-HD. You’ll need approximately 1.5GB per hour of recording.
Join the Greenroom
After making your selection, tap the red START button to join the Greenroom.
NOTE: Once you join the greenroom, please do not change the orientation of your device.
In the upper left corner, you’ll see the recording has started.
End your recording
At the end of your broadcast session, tap the Leave button.
Wait for your recording to fully upload:
- Long videos may take awhile to upload so you may want to plug in your device until it completes.
- The app must be open to upload the recording. If you need to close the app, you can resume the upload later by reopening the app.
- Once your recordings are fully uploaded, you can close the app. You do not need to wait for them to process.
Tap the Back arrow to return to the Dashboard
Stop your full-HD recording without leaving the broadcast
Note that you can stop the full-HD recording at any point by tapping the upper left corner.
- Your standard recording will continue in the cloud
- Once you stop your full-HD recording, you’ll have to leave and rejoin to restart it.
- Available storage: Full-HD recording requires at least 1.5GB free storage space on the device per hour of recording. You must have at least 500mb of free space to start a full-HD recording.
- Max length: The maximum full-HD recording length is 90 minutes
- Upload: The Socialive app must be open to upload full-HD recordings. If you need to leave the app, you can resume uploading later by reopening the Socialive app. Once the recordings are fully uploaded, you can close the app. You do not need to wait for them to process.
The following devices are recommended for full-HD recording:
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS/Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone SE2
- iPhone 12
- iPad 7th gen and above
Other iPhone models (6/7/8/XR) may be used, however given their limited processing power, guests may enter Energy Saver mode quickly after joining the broadcast. Rest assured that under Energy Saver mode, a guest can participate normally in the broadcast, and the full-HD recording will continue unaffected.