Q: My guest is on Chrome but is seeing a message to “Get Chrome” before joining. Help?
A: Socialive is compatible with Chrome 74 and newer. Anything older than Chrome 74 will result in that message popping up.
- Check your current version by entering chrome://version/ in your URL
- If older than 75, please download a more recent version here
Q: My guest is getting a black screen when in the Green Room. They don’t see themselves or anyone else in the Green Room. How do I fix this?
A: It sounds like we need to enable the Chrome permissions for Camera and Microphone. There are a couple ways to do this:
- Step 1: Check Chrome Permissions to make sure the Camera and Mic are turned on (here's an article how)
*If those are turned on, proceed to Step 2*
- Step 2: Check to make sure Chrome has camera access under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy…
Q: A Guest is joining from the phone and is unable to see AND/OR hear the others in the Green Room or Broadcast
A: Make sure that within Settings, that “Guest” mode is selected for “Join broadcasts as a…” (not “Camera”)
Q: My Guest is stuck on the screen trying to Join the Broadcast. They are seeing a spinning wheel that won't stop spinning. What do I do?
A: There are a few reasons why your Guest would see that:
- Network connection - are they sharing their WiFi? Can they be hard-lined in with ethernet? Have them press "Cancel" and re-attempt.
- They are using another application that is prioritizing their camera and microphone (ex: Skype, Zoom, Hangouts). Please have them check and quit any external applications.
- They need to clear their browser cache.
- Close Studio
- Clear your browser cache (images and files)
- Re-open Studio and see if the problem is resolved
Please reach out to us if you don't see your question here!