Now available in beta, Performance Mode in Socialive Studio shifts the heavy lifting to the cloud, so you can broadcast higher-quality video with less processing power.
Produce great-looking broadcasts with just about any modern computer. You'll see a more consistent frame-rate for smoother video across all of your distribution channels.
- Efficient Processing: Lower processing requirements enables most computers to broadcast high-quality video, even without a dedicated graphics card (GPU).
- Improved Network Tolerance: Improved ability to handle and recover from fluctuations in network conditions.
- Higher Video Quality: Maintains a higher bitrate and consistent framerate for smoother, higher-quality video
- Optimized A/V Synchronization: Minimizes the stream conditions that can cause audio/video to desync
Enable Performance Mode
To enable Performance Mode:
- Click the Info icon in the top toolbar of Socialive Studio
- Flip the switch next to Performance Mode (beta)
While Performance Mode is largely complete, a small number of features and open items remain. By making it available in beta, we can collect feedback and measure results across a much larger range of computers and network conditions.
Features not yet supported
- Support for Portrait and Square broadcasting
- Ability to replace a video’s audio track with a local microphone
- Support for a one-way, mobile camera feed (two-way, live guests are working as expected)
- When auto-transitioning at the end of a pre-recorded video, the video may pause for ~0.2s before showing the next item
- Stopping and restarting a screenshare while it's "live" may not restore the screenshare in the broadcast.
- Errors may occur if internet access temporarily drops during a live broadcast
Please share your findings and feedback through our in-app support chat or to email@example.com.