Use the Media panel to add a background image to your live broadcast
When you select a layout that has empty space, like the one above, instead of showing black in that empty space, you can choose a background image from your media assets to appear there.
Set a background for your broadcast
- Launch Studio
- Open the Media panel
- Click Upload Media and upload the background you want to apply to your broadcast
4. Hover over the media asset you just uploaded and click the carrot to bring up a list of options.
5. Click "Set as background"
Now when you apply layouts with empty space, you'll see your background image.
Note: Only one background image can be set at a time and will apply for the broadcast. If you need to use more than one background, you can change the background at any point during your broadcast.
Make sure your background is sized based on your intended orientation, or aspect ratio. We recommend the following dimensions:
- Landscape (16:9): 1280 x 720
- Square (1:1): 720 x 720
- Portrait (4:5): 576 x 720
- Full Portrait (9:16): 405 x 720
Feel free to either create your own custom backgrounds or you can find free stock backgrounds on the web.