After LinkedIn launched video in mid-2017, video quickly became the fastest-growing format on the platform, notching the highest rates of user engagement. So it comes as no surprise that LinkedIn is venturing into live video — a format that outperforms regular video by a factor of 10.
Currently piloting — and available only to a small group of users — LinkedIn Live will eventually allow select people and organizations to livestream video to LinkedIn’s global audience of more than 610 million.
Currently LinkedIn Live is available only to a small group of users. Reach out to your Socialive Customer Success representative or contact us via chat to request access to the LinkedIn Live whitelist.
As a LinkedIn Live partner, Socialive allows users to create polished LinkedIn livestreams — with multi-cam options, branded titles and graphics, and dynamic split-screen layouts.
Broadcast to LinkedIn
Once your LinkedIn account has been approved for livestreaming, you can add your profile page or company page(s) to your Socialive account.
To add a LinkedIn page to your account:
- Click on the LinkedIn icon in the distribution bar.
- Under LinkedIn, click "Add account."
- Select whether to add your personal Profile page or your Company page(s). Currently LinkedIn does not support simulcasting to profile and company pages set up by the same user.
- After logging into LinkedIn and authorizing access, you can select which pages to connect.
- Once selected, you and other broadcasters within the account will see these pages listed as distribution options.