If you don't have admin access to a Facebook page, you can still use Socialive to broadcast live into any page, group, location, or profile by having the admin create a Live Event. Learn more here.
How to broadcast to Facebook using RTMP
To create a live stream on Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create.
- Click Create Live Stream.
3. A window will generate giving you title, description, and streaming destination options:
4. In the first drop-down menu, you can choose where to "Post" your live broadcast. In the example below, we'll post to a Facebook Group:
5. Copy the Server URL and Stream Key from the center of the Facebook window:
6. In Socialive Studio, click the Facebook icon under Add Distribution Channels in Socialive's right-hand panel. Then click "Add Facebook RTMP":
7. Paste in the Server URL and Stream key from Facebook and click "Save."
8. We recommend beginning your stream with a start / title card and when ready, click the "Start Live Stream" button in Studio:
9. Then return to your Facebook window and wait for the stream to connect (this may take 5-20 seconds). After the Preview loads, click the "Go Live" button in the bottom right corner to start your broadcast:
When you're ready to end your broadcast, click the "End Live Video" button on Facebook before ending your stream in Studio.