JW Live enables you to easily broadcast and manage your event live to your audience around the world.
All you need to get started is a video source (typically a camera), an internet connection, and Socialive.
- Log into the JW Platform Dashboard.
- Click Live Channels.
- Click Create.
- Add a Title.
- Select the Channel Latency.
- (Optional) Expand the Additional Settings section.
- (Optional) Click the checkbox next to Enable DVR. This option enables your viewers to return to the start of a the stream if they join the live event late. This option should only be enabled for events that are under 4 hours.
- (Optional) Click the checkbox next to Add Geoblocking Rule. Then, select a rule from the drop-down menu. If you do not have existing geoblocking rules or need to create a new geoblocking rule, you can create a new geoblocking rule using any video that is in your library.
- (Optional) Click the checkbox next to Add Simulcasting Target. Then, add type the Title of the target, the Stream URL, and the Stream Key.
- Click Create.
Once you've created your Live Channel you can get the information needed(RTMP URL/Stream Name) for Socialive's use.
1. Click Live Channels.
2. Click the name of the Live Channel.
3. From the Encoder Details, copy the STREAM URL (this is your RTMP stream URL) and STREAM KEY.
4. Enter the STREAM URL and STREAM KEY into your video encoder.
Simply copy and paste the RTMP Entry Point URL (aka Server URL) and Stream Name (aka Stream Key) into Socialive.
NOTE: JW Live does not automatically start your live stream. AFTER YOU START YOUR LIVE STREAM IN SOCIALIVE, YOU MUST MANUALLY GO BACK INTO JW PLAYER AND CLICK "GO LIVE"