- Preparing your Phone for Streaming
- Getting Started & Logged In to SocialiveGO
- Starting a new Live Broadcast
- Choosing Social Channel Broadcast Platforms
- Going Live
- Stopping the Broadcast
- Test your Connection
- Adjusting Resolution
1. Preparing for Streaming:
Enable "Do Not Disturb" mode on yout phone to avoid interruptions during broadcast.
Disable your phone's Auto-Lock within Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > Never
Make sure your phone has a strong & stable internet connection, either through WiFi or cellular, and make sure your device is fully charged.
2. Getting Started:
- Open the SocialiveGO app, and log-in with your email & password.
- Choose the channel through which you'd like to broadcast.
3. Starting a New Live Broadcast
- Choose "Start a Broadcast."
- Name your Broadcast by entering a Title & Description. This is how the title & description will appear on the Social channels to which you broadcast.
4. Choosing Social Channels
- From the "Choose Broadcast Platforms" page, choose to "Add" from the Social Channels you wish to broadcast. Follow the prompts to log in to your desired Social page.
- Once you're logged in, make sure you're desired Social page is toggled "On," and you see your page activated in the "Choose Broadcast Platforms" page.
- Once you have all your Social Channels activated, press "Next."
Hold the phone horizontally, and click "Continue."
5. Going Live
After you orient your phone & click continue (as seen above), your mobile broadcasting interface will appear.
Here's your live interface, with the buttons labeled:
- Microphone ON/OFF - Enable/disable your phone's audio input.
- Camera Flash ON/OFF - Enable/disable your phone's camera flash.
- START/STOP BROADCAST - Take your broadcast live, or end it once you are live.
- Front-Facing Camera ON/OFF - Enbale/disable the "selfie" camera.
- Internal Chat - Send an internal text message to any other team members whom with you are broadcasting.
- Test Connection - Test your camera's network connection and outputting frame rate.
- Exit Broadcast - Leave the broadcast session.
When you press the "START/STOP BROADCAST" button, a countdown will appear ahead of your broadcast being taken to your social page:
Once the countdown has completed, your broadcast will be live! A red window will appear around your video frame, and a countdown at the top of the window will note how long your broadcast has elapsed:
6. Stopping the Broadcast
When you're ready to end the broadcast, press the red "STOP BROADCAST" button at the center of frame. You will be prompted to confirm ending the broadcast:
Once you stop the broadcast, you'll receive a "Broadcast is Complete", and you can navigate back to the Mobile Broadcast Dashboard from there.
7. Test Connection
Test your phone's connection before you go live to ensure you'll be sending the broadcast host a clean, stable video signal.
Your test broadcast will give you a "Video Framerate" reading; anything between 25-60 fps is a sign of a strong network connection.
If your Framerate is below 15 fps, you'll want to troubleshoot your network connection.
8. Adjusting Resolution
If, after testing your connection you find you have a poor connection, you can adjust your SocialiveGO app to send a lower resolution. This will decrease the chance of your video feed skipping or appearing choppy.
Adjust your resolution in the Broadcast Dashboard, choose "Set Stream Resolution." Adjust as needed.