In the Comments section of the Admin portal, you can easily moderate comments received during your live or past broadcasts.
You also have the ability to send comments to a prompter for viewing as well as respond to and hide these comments in your Facebook broadcast.
This article covers:
- Managing a Facebook broadcast's comments through the Socialive Admin Portal
- Interacting with your Facebook Aaudience via Socialive
- Pushing a Facebook comment live to the broadcast as an on-screen overlay
- Sending Facebook comments to a prompter
Managing Comments for a Broadcast
To manage Facebook comments after your broadcast has started, select the Manage Overlays button on the toolbar:
You will be directed to Soacialive's web-based admin portal, or navigate there directly & log-in:
In the Admin Portal, click on the "COMMENTS" tab of the left-hand menu, and log into Facebook using the buttons:
Choose the Facebook page for which you want to manage Facebook broadcast comments, and your current live broadcasts will appear.
Choose your live broadcast, then choose "MANAGE CHECKED LIVE EVENTS" at the bottom of the screen:
Liking, Replying, and Deleting Comments
Under each comment for an event in the Comments Manager is a toolbar with the options to Like, Reply, Delete (hide) each comment.
Liking and replying to comments allows you to engage with your audience.
Clicking Delete will make a comment invisible to public users (e.g. non-admins of the page) without letting the commenter know that you made the change.
Comments As On-Screen Overlays
You can make a Facebook comment appear on screen by pressing the "LIVE" toggle in the Comments Manager page.
Sending Comments To Prompter
You also have the ability to send Facebook comments to the Prompter, by selecting the prompter icon.
Your comment will the be displayed on the prompter in a new browser window. For information on managing the Prompter, please refer to the Socialive Prompter overview.
- As you are viewing the comments as they are coming in select the Bookmark icon to favorite the most interesting comment.
- Use an iPad to view your live video on Facebook. The iPad can also be used to access the Socialive Comments Manager for viewing comments and the pinning of comments on screen
- Login to the admin portal after your live video has started
- Make sure to disable your Internet browser popup blocker
- Select the appropriate Facebook pages and groups you would like to manage comments