Due to ongoing privacy concerns at Facebook, they have temporarily restricted video publishing APIs for Facebook profiles ("My timeline"). We're are working with Facebook to regain access as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, you can still use Socialive to stream to your Facebook profile by creating a Live Event. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/help/587160588142067
How to steam to your Facebook profile from Socialive
To create a live stream on Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create.
- Click Create Live Stream.
3. A window will generate giving you title, description, and streaming destination options:
4. Choose "Share on your Timeline" in the first drop-down menu under "Post" on the right-hand panel.
Copy the Server URL and Stream Key from the center of the Facebook window:
6. Click on the Facebook icon above the Playlist:
7. Log in, as prompted:
8. Choose "Add Entry" in the Manage Facebook window on the right side.
9. Paste in the Server URL and Stream key from Facebook
10. Don't forget to toggle the output to ON.
11. We recommend beginning your stream with a start / title card and when ready, click the "Start Broadcast" button in Broadcaster.
12. Then return to your Facebook window and wait for the stream to connect (this may take 5-20 seconds). After the Preview loads, click the "Go Live" button in the bottom right corner to start your broadcast:
When you're ready to end your broadcast, click the "End Live Video" button on Facebook before ending your stream in Broadcaster.