Due to ongoing privacy concerns at Facebook, they have temporarily restricted video publishing APIs for Facebook groups.
In the meantime, you can still use Socialive to stream to Facebook Groups by creating a Live Event. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/help/587160588142067
How to steam to Facebook Groups from Socialive
To create a live stream on Facebook:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/create.
- Click Create Live Stream.
3. A window will generate giving you title, description, and streaming destination options:
4. Choose "Share in a Group" in the first drop-down menu under "Post" on the right-hand panel.
5. Your groups will not automatically populate, so you'll need to find your desired Group by typing the first few letters in the "Group Name" menu and making a selection.
Copy the Server URL and Stream Key from the center of the Facebook window:
6. Open the Distribution Channels in Socialive's right-hand panel, and choose RTMP.
7. Paste in the Server URL and Stream key from Facebook and click "Save."
9. We recommend beginning your stream with a start / title card and when ready, click the "Start Live Stream" button in Studio:
10. Then return to your Facebook window and wait for the stream to connect (this may take 5-20 seconds). After the Preview loads, click the "Go Live" button in the bottom right corner to start your broadcast:
When you're ready to end your broadcast, click the "End Live Video" button on Facebook before ending your stream in Studio.